Dalkeith and Woodburn Decide
Residents from Dalkeith and Woodburn are coming together to discuss and decide how £60,000 of public money is spent to improve their area.
The theme for the projects is Community Well-being and there are 7 proposals. Residents of Dalkeith and Woodburn, living in the Dalkeith Ward 3 area, can vote for the 3 proposals they think should be funded.
You will be able to vote over a period of 3 weeks, from 1 to 22 February 2020.
Proposals for funding
To purchase new Christmas lights for Dalkeith Town Centre to add more cheer during the festive season.
To fit an Outdoor Gym in Cowden Park, adjustable so that all ages could use it.
Upgrade to the front of the MARC building
Upgrade the facilities at the MARC building - rebuild the porch to one that is wheelchair accessible, and create a pleasant outdoor sitting area at the front of the building.
Upgrade base for 'Dalkeith Men's Shed', 'Guerrilla Gardeners' and 'Dalkeith Ploggers'
Upgrade a facility to act as a base for community activities. Repairs to external structure and improvement of internal facilities to support work of community groups and provide accessibility for all.
Improve crossing on Dalkeith High St, outside Crystalmount to ensure accessibility and safe crossing.
Fun with swings
To fit swings accessible for people with a disability, one in Cowden Park, the other in Kings Park.
Improvement of accessible facilities in One Dalkeith
To provide accessible for all, facilities in the One Dalkeith building at 21 Eskdaill Court Dalkeith EH22 1AG.
Discussion and voting events
Note: Only people who live or work in Dalkeith & Woodburn are eligible to vote. (Dalkeith Ward 3 area)
- Saturday 1 February 10:00am - 12:00pm
Aim High, 12 - 14 Woodburn Avenue, Woodburn
- Thursday 6 February, 5:30 - 7:30pm
Aim High, 12-14 Woodburn Avenue, Woodburn
- Saturday 8 February 1:00pm - 3:00pm
'MALANI' building, 3 Eskdaill Court, Dalkeith
There will be ballot papers and boxes in the MARC Woodburn building, Primary and High Schools, Dalkeith Library, Medical Centre, Crystalmount and Whitehill Lodge.
Vote online - Opens 1 February
Email: [email protected] or call 0131 270 6744
Who does what?
Dalkeith & Woodburn residents have been part of the whole process including:
- helping to identify local issues and priorities
- proposing ideas
- providing input and feedback on ideas
- voting on final spending proposals.
The Communities and Lifelong Learning Team help residents participate by promoting all the ways they can get involved:
- facilitate discussions and meetings, and help everyone to take part
- act as contact between Council staff and communities.
The Steering Group will:
- communicate progress on ideas/proposals
- offer feedback and technical assistance on spending proposals
- verify the eligibility of ideas and proposals against set criteria
- facilitate and oversee online participation
- co‐ordinate the vote and count
- provide regular progress updates throughout the process.
Steering Group members include
- One Dalkeith
- Dalkeith Community Council
- Grassy Riggs
- NHS Lothian
- Midlothian Council
- 3 Elected Members.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Community Planning structure and profile
- Neighbourhood plans
- Neighbourhood profiles
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Community directories
- Corporate Parent Strategy
- Grants funding
- Armed Forces Community Covenant
- Community Planning - Strategic Assessment
- Participation requests: outcome improvement plans
- Community Asset Transfer - council properties
- Community Council documents
- Community Council boundary maps
- Community Planning Partnership 2017-18 performance scorecard
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Citizen's Panel Survey Reports
- Community Planning Board minutes
- Volunteering with Midlothian Council (PDF)
- Working with you, for you - local group feedback
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Form
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Guidelines
- Child Poverty Action Reports
- Community Planning Research and Information Group
- Allotment regulations