Skip hire companies must have a permit for where the skip is to be placed on a public road before delivery.
Under Section 85 of the Road Scotland Act (1984), anyone depositing a builder's skip on any public carriageway, footway, verge, remote footway, or cycleway, requires permission from Midlothian Council.
The person hiring the skip must obtain the permit. A fixed penalty notice will apply if a skip is deposited on a public road without prior permission of Midlothian Council.
Apply for a permit
Road Services in Dalkeith issue skip permits. There is a charge of £47.00.
For further details please contact us.
2 working days is the minimum timescale required to process applications.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Public roads in Midlothian
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Skip permit application form
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Roads and pavements standards
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Winter service policy and operational plan
- Cycling - commuting by bike.
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Road Services standard drawings
- Road safety and action plans
- Priority gritting routes map
- Disabled persons parking places
- Winter parking restrictions
- Grit bins in Midlothian