Road excavation permits
Works involving the installation of underground apparatus
Apply to install underground apparatus, such as ducting or connecting to a sewer.
Please the read the guidance notes before completing the form and pro forma. Return them to Road Sevices with plans and the supporting documentation.
Processing and recording applications takes a minimum of 15 working days.
Works not involving the installation of underground apparatus
To apply for works involving excavation only, such as temporary access or road realignment for new housing, use a road opening permit application.
Do not start work until you get written permission from us. Works must be carried out on the dates specified on the permit.
Permit prices vary due to several factors, such as works duration and traffic management. Prices are given on application.
Send enquires and applications to email@example.com.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Public roads in Midlothian
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Roads and pavements standards
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Winter service policy and operational plan
- Cycling - commuting by bike
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Road Services standard drawings
- Road safety and action plans
- Priority gritting routes map
- Disabled persons parking places
- Winter parking restrictions