Construct or extend a driveway
Please contact Road Services and we will assess the area you wish to lower. If it is possible to lower the kerb, we will send you an application form and general specification.
You will then have to appoint a competent contractor. You or the contractor should apply to Road Services for the permit before starting work. There is a charge of £90 for this permit.
A full application requires:
- A completed application form.
- A copy of the appointed contractor's public liability insurance.
- A copy of the appointed contractor's Street Works Registration Card.
Do not start work until you get written permission from us. Works must be carried out on the dates specified on the permit.
Before applying for a permit, please contact the Duty Planning Officer at Fairfield House, Dalkeith as you may require planning consent.
If you are not the owner of the property, you will need written consent from your Landlord.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Public roads in Midlothian
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Skip permit application form
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Roads and pavements standards
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Winter service policy and operational plan
- Cycling - commuting by bike.
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Road Services standard drawings
- Road safety and action plans
- Priority gritting routes map
- Disabled persons parking places
- Winter parking restrictions
- Grit bins in Midlothian
- Midstock Festival 2018 - TTRO Notice