Winter on Midlothian roads
Severe weather parking restrictions
Temporary traffic restrictions will mean you will not be able to park on some streets around Midlothian during heavy snow.
The parking restrictions were introduced after parked cars disrupted bus services during severe winter weather.
"No parking" cones will be placed along specific lengths on the streets listed below, but only when prolonged, heavy snow is forecast.
Police have powers to remove vehicles parked on the coned areas.
- Woodburn Park (PDF)
- Salters' Road (PDF)
- Woodburn Road - Area 1 and Area 2 (PDF)
- James Lean Avenue (PDF)
- Woodburn Avenue (PDF)
- Carnethie Street (PDF)
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Public roads in Midlothian
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Skip permit application form
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Roads and pavements standards
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Winter service policy & operational plan
- Cycling - commuting by bike.
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Road Services standard drawings
- Road safety and action plans
- Priority gritting routes map
- Disabled persons parking places
- Winter parking restrictions
- Grit bins in Midlothian