- select 'Begin this form' (below). You don't need to sign in, as long as you complete each page in less than 10 minutes.
- or register and sign in with myaccount. If you are signed in, the form will save and you can finish it later. Your contact details will be already filled in.
About the fund
This fund provides a one-off grant payment to licensed taxi owner/operators. Grant amounts are based on the number of licences held:
- 1 vehicle - £1,000
- 2 to 9 vehicles - £3,000
- 10 to 49 vehicles - £7,000
- 50 or more vehicles - £15,000
If you receive the grant you can continue to work or take on other employment, including voluntary work.
If you receive Universal Credit or other Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) benefits, this grant may affect your benefit entitlement. This could mean you need to pay some money back to DWP, or that your future payments are reduced. You may also be able to deduct some business expenses. How this affects you depends on your circumstances. You may wish to contact DWP to confirm how it would affect you.
If you receive Council Tax Reduction or Housing Benefit, you must report this grant to the benefits or council tax service (opens a new browser tab).
Before you begin
We will ask for supporting evidence, so have this information and documents ready:
- Your National Insurance number
- Companies House registration number
- Certificate of Incorporation, if your business has one
- Bank statement (for grant payment) dated within the last 3 months. It must be in your name, or that of the business.
- Partnership agreement or HMRC registration
- Sole Trader: HMRC registration, self-assessment documents or valid business insurance document.
- Trust: Constitution documents, HMRC registration or VAT registration document.
Documents for upload
PDFs are ideal if you have them. You can download a PDF statement from your online banking for example.
You can photograph paper documents and upload the images (max 5MB). To keep the file size down, here's a tip:
- Take a photo of the document on a phone or tablet.
- View the image on the screen.
- Take a screenshot of the image.
- Check that the screenshot is legible, then upload this to the form. The file will be much smaller than the original photo.
We take your privacy seriously. To find out how we handle your data and your data protection rights, see our Economic Development Privacy Notice (PDF).