Garden waste collection
2020 collection service (to March 2021)
- Your last collection is from 01 to 12 March. Download your collection calendar
- From Monday 15 March you will need a new 2021 sticker for your bin to be emptied (yellow sticker).
- The additional collection dates are to compensate those affected by the disruption, and are not available to new customers.
2021 collection service (from 15 March 2021)
- Stickers for 2021 service will be yellow.
- Collections are from Monday 15 March to Friday 19 November 2021.
- You can still sign up and pay for collections in 2021.
- To allow us to process your request and redesign collection routes to include your property, it may take up to 6 weeks for your sticker to be delivered.
- If you have not received a sticker within 6 weeks of your date of payment you must request a replacement sticker.
- Blue stickers for 2020 service state that they expire in November 2020. These were printed before we added collections to compensate for service lost due to the pandemic.
- All bins must display a valid collection sticker to let our crews know to empty them.
- If your sticker is damaged, or has not been delivered as expected, you must request a replacement.
To ensure we can empty your brown bin:
- Use your brown bin for compostable garden waste only.
- Do not overfill your bin. It's not safe for us to lift heavy bins.
- Do not squash waste into your bin. Compacted material won’t fall out when the bin is tipped upside down by the collection vehicle.
- Make sure the lid of your bin closes properly.
- Don't put any additional garden waste next to your bin: we will not pick this up.
- Ensure your bin is at the kerbside by 7am on your collection day.
- The handle on the bin should face the road, and the sticker should be visible to the collection crew.
Look out for your neighbours and check they are able to put their bin out.