Trade Garden Waste Collections
From April 2019, Midlothian Council will offer a kerbside collection of garden waste from local businesses.
From this date, if you have a residual waste and recycling contract with us, we can also collect your garden waste.
The cost of the service is based on your business need. Please contact us for more information.
Type of material collected
- Flowers and plants
- Grass clippings
- Hedge trimmings
- Garden weeds
- Small branches (a maximum of 6 inches in length and 2 inches in diameter)
- Rabbit, guinea pig or other vegetarian pet hutch waste
We will not accept
- General refuse
- Plastic bags or bin liners
- Cat, dog or pigeon waste
- Foodstuff (including fruit and vegetable peelings)
- Stones, gravel, slabs, rubble or hardcore
- Sand or soil
- Plant pots, seedling trays or plant labels
- Garden furniture or ornaments including gnomes, lights or fountains
- Fence panels, posts or trellises
- Chemicals or liquids including plant feed or weedkiller
Using your trade garden waste bin
- Place waste directly in the bin. Do not use carrier bags or bin liners.
- Make sure the lid closes fully. This allows the vehicle to lift and empty your bin safely.
- Don't overfill your bin. It must not be too heavy for us to move safely.
- Your brown bin will be collected weekly from mid March until mid November.