Garden waste collection
The last date to sign up for kerbside collections of garden waste in 2020 was Thursday 1 October.
This is the last date we could guarantee bin stickers would be received before the regular service stops on 20 November.
If you paid on or before this date, you should get your bin sticker by 16 October. If your sticker has not arrived within this time, request a replacement sticker.
Remember that all bins must display a valid collection sticker to let our crews know to empty them.
- Your last brown bin collection date was due to be between 9 and 20 November – depending on where your property lies in the collection cycle.
- As the service was suspended due to COVID-19, additional dates have been added to your 2020 service.
- Your last collection date is now between 1 and 12 March 2021. Download your collection calendar
- There will be no collections from 12 December 2020 to 10 January 2021.
- Offering additional collections to March 2021 allows us to give you more than the original number you paid for. We considered other options, but this is our solution to the disruption caused by the emergency.
- The additional collection dates are to compensate those affected by the disruption, and are not available to new customers.
- We are aware that bin stickers state that they expire in November 2020. These were printed before we added collections to compensate for service lost due to the pandemic.
- You do not need a separate sticker for collections between November 2020 and March 2021.
Collections in 2021
- You will be able to sign and pay to receive the service from mid-March to mid-November 2021 from early January 2021.
- You must sign up and pay by 18 February to ensure you receive your 2021 sticker in early March, and there is no break in your service.
Request a refund
Cancel service and request a refund (within 14 days of paying for service)
To ensure we can empty your brown bin:
- Use your brown bin for compostable garden waste only.
- Do not overfill your bin. It's not safe for us to lift heavy bins.
- Do not squash waste into your bin. Compacted material won’t fall out when the bin is tipped upside down by the collection vehicle.
- Make sure the lid of your bin closes properly.
- Don't put any additional garden waste next to your bin: we will not pick this up.
- Ensure your bin is at the kerbside by 7am on your collection day.
- The handle on the bin should face the road, and the sticker should be visible to the collection crew.
Look out for your neighbours and check they are able to put their bin out.