Household waste recycling centres
Household waste van / trailer booking
Due to limits on the number of vans/trailer allowed on site each day, you may not be able to visit on your preferred date.
Please continue to expect a long delay while waiting to access the site. As part of new traffic management measures, customers using a van, trailer or large vehicle to transport waste may face further delays once onsite.
To make a booking you must:
- Live in Midlothian
- Tell us the vehicle registration of the vehicle you will be using to bring in your waste
Before you book
Please do not visit a Household Recycling Centre if you or anyone in your household:
- Has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 7 days
- Has COVID-19 symptoms
- Is self-isolating due to COVID-19
If you have already booked an appointment, please cancel your booking and rebook once you are fit and well again or are no longer self-isolating.
Using a van or trailer
By filling this form you consent to our terms and conditions (opens in a new window)
Once you’ve made an appointment we’ll send you a confirmation email with your booking reference number. It may take a while for your email to arrive and in some cases it may go to your junk/spam email.
When you arrive
- Your vehicle registration number will be checked and only booked vehicles will be allowed entry.
- Wear a face covering whilst on site, unless you have an exemption.
- Like all users of the centre, you may also be asked for proof of identity or residency, such as a driving licence, council tax or utility bill.
If you no longer need your appointment, or cannot attend, you must cancel your booking by 7am on the day of your visit otherwise it will count against your total number of visits.
If we need to cancel your appointment at short notice due to the Recycling Centre being closed for any reason we will email you to let you know.
You will need your booking reference and registration number.
All vans and trailers
You should book access to Stobhill Recycling Centre for:
- All vans up to 3,500kg GVW, including hire vans
- All pick-up vehicles
- All sign-written vehicles, except hire cars, taxis and courtesy cars
- All private cars towing a trailer
- Vehicles classified as Private or Light Goods Vehicles (PLG)
- Campervans / caravanettes up to a GVW of 3,500kg
If you require additional visits over your 6 visit allocations, you can visit the site upon payment of a flat rate of £100 per visit - up to a gross vehicle weight of 3,500kg.